Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Palin for President

Well, I think it is safe to say that Sarah Palin's drop-in on the Tea Party convention in Nashville has accomplished one thing: everyone is talking about her running for president again. Some folks never stopped, but the chatter has hit a new stride post-Tea Party.

Marc Ambinder sees a Palin paradigm shift.

...and Nate Silver is already looking ahead to the 2012 primaries (I don't like the calendar he's using there. For FHQ, it is too hypothetical. We would take a more conservative approach and use a more traditional calendar -- until there's actual proof of a calendar like that having been signed off on by either of the two major parties.)


2 comments:

Robert said...

I'm reading Battle for America:2008 by Balz and Johnson which is a great book for reliving the last election. I have just left the South Carolina Democratic primary and am headed to Super Tuesday.

Josh Putnam said...

I've seen that one praised highly in some political science circles. At some point, I will need to pick it up. That sometime will be after I have finished my dissertation, though. March 1 is coming up fast.