Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Wait till her fat keister is sitting at this desk"?

I think we missed some real entertainment opportunities during the Bush administration. While folks on the left gleefully pointed out the public foibles of the former president, I'm wondering if that "coached-up," public persona was an uncomfortable one for Bush 43; one that didn't allow him to be himself.

I don't know. If he was given the opportunity to be himself (which, perhaps would have made him even more controversial), we may have gotten a few more of these:
On Barack Obama: "This is a dangerous world and this cat isn't remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you."

On Joe Biden: "If bull was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire."

On Sarah Palin: "I'm trying to remember if I've met her before. What is she, the governor of Guam?"
Of course, the title quotation was in reference to Hillary Clinton taking up a spot at the desk in the Oval Office. I can't decide which one I like most. They are all good in unique ways.

The real question: What gems did we miss in 2004? There had to have been some good one liners about John Kerry that we all missed out on.

Update: ...or maybe it was as the left made it out to seem.

Hat tip to Political Wire for the lines.


Recent Posts:
State of the Race: New Jersey Governor (9/14/09)

Vote for Arizona

"You Lie!"

No comments: